It may still be autumn but it’s the perfect time to start making those holiday travel plans. When you make your reservations this early it gives you the best chance to take advantage of inexpensive travel options, including our reduced prices on rentals. And when you’re looking for accommodations, be sure to check out the Weekly Rental Specials we have on Outer Banks Rentals.
Following are some tips on how to save on your upcoming holiday travel when you’re planning a vacation to the Outer Banks.
- Check out our Specials page for huge savings on our vacation rentals listed by date.
- Be flexible as to when you are willing to travel and add a few days to your trip before and/or after any peak holiday travel days.
- Consider flying on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or early New Year’s Day when travelers can often take advantage of significant savings.
- Be open to taking connecting flights since an itinerary that includes one stop can often save you as much as $100 over a direct flight.
- Consider flying part way then driving the rest of the way to your destination or drive to a different airport and fly from there. Most Internet search sites can check fares at airports up to 100 miles from your ultimate destination.
- If you are sure of your travel plans, many places offer discounts for making non-refundable reservations.
- Think about whether you really need to rent a car. If you’re visiting family it doesn’t hurt to ask if they’d pick you up and return you to the airport. Are most of the places you want to visit within walking distance? If you’re going to a warmer destination like the Outer Banks, consider renting bicycles for the week to get around more easily.
With all the money you’ll save using these tips and taking advantage of the Weekly Rental Specials we have on Outer Banks Rentals you’ll be able to stay and enjoy your holiday vacation for another day or two!