They say, “It’s the little things in life that matter”. Every family has a few essential tricks up their sleeves to make every beach vacation as smooth as possible. Here are some simple Beach Hacks to use this sumer!
Submit your clever “life hacks” that make you wonder how you ever survived with out them!
1. Sandy feet and no outdoor shower in site?
Rub baby powder on sandy feet and watch it fall away.
2. Think like a kid at the beach.
Parents know the beach brings out the kid in all of us, especially kids. If your little one roams away from the group to explore, the best place to look first is down wind. Children almost always follow the path of least resistance first.
3. The best place to hide something is in plain sight.
Use an empty sun screen or lip balm container to store money and other valuables.
4. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. Upgrade it.
Sew pockets onto beach towels to store cell phones and other belongings from sand and water.
5. Think outside the fitted sheet.
Rather than using a normal blanket out on the beach, bring a fitted sheet. Use coolers or any other items with weight to prop up the sides of the sheet to prevent sand from getting in.
6. Water in your ears?
Forget about buying over the counter drops every time you go to the beach. After getting out of the water, blow into a deflated balloon three to four times. This forces water out much like yawning helps to pop your ear drums. (Safely stash water balloons in your beach kit out of reach of small children to prevent a choking hazard.)
7. Jellyfish, the bumble bees of the deep.
For minor jellyfish stings, 1st rinse with sea water, 2nd scrape off stingers with a mixture of sand and small shells or a credit card, 3rd treat with vinegar to relive pain. For major stings, seek medical attention immediately & always know where the closest Lifeguard is located.
8. Already broke those $5 flip flops from the beach store?
Flip flops straps are famous for breaking out of the hole between your big and first toes. Instead of throwing them away immediately, use a plastic bread bag clip to temporally keep the strap in place.
9. Don’t waste money on expensive “everything-proof” phone cases when you have zip lock bags laying around.
Keep your smart phone in a zip lock bag while at the beach. Not only are they water, sand, and snack-time-spill proof; you can still use the touch screen while inside the bag.
10. Stop playing your own version of hot potato after getting in your car at the end of a long beach day.
Turn your steering when 180⁰ when parking in the sun. Your hands will thank you after a long day at the beach.